Saturday 21 July 2007

Glasgow Sunset


Its been one of those weeks, sunday morning all looked clear for a quiet one but what happened ?? work, stuff, more work and even more stuff and here we are its Saturday again..must take the batteries out of that big clock.

Still, its been a good one, monday eve did a Regular photo shoot for the old BBC in Glasgow, internal comms and press shots for a radio Scotland music series recording session - Davie Scott and co of the Pearlfishers was the artist, a great evenings entertainment. Sat outside after watching the sunset over the science centre, was one of those typical Scottish drab days with a stunning finish....



I once had a catch phrase...'I don't do wedding photography..' well am of this afternoon to do my third this week - something is going wrong ! But Last Saturdays was great, Tues was a small civil ceremony of a friend, and todays is on a paddle steamer on Loch Katrine so thats ok...isn't it !

9 comments:

Chris Stovell said...

I love that top photo, I really enjoy the contrast between man made and nature. Good stuff - lucky bride to have you taking photos, someone who 'doesn't do weddings' is clearly just the person to have!

Anonymous said...

I take batteries out of clocks regularly. An excellent psychological way to savour the moment..

Crystal xx

Bluestocking Mum said...

I rather like the thought of the type of photography I think you would do for a wedding not being a typical wedding photographer.

You have a gift and I would imagine you will capture their special day 'just right...'

Enjoy the paddle steamer and I am sure the wedding party will supply you with a doggy bag!!

warm wishes
x

Faith said...

Top photo amazing!

My daughter is getting married next year and the photographer she has chosen is not a wedding photographer, but a photographer who has done some weddings like you have. She, being a former model, is very fussy and knows whats going to look good and what isnt!

Posie said...

It is a small world, I was there last week, visiting the science centre with the children. Lovely pic.

patsy said...

Pure dead brilliant as we old Bearsden and Milngavie girls say...

Blossomcottage said...

Lovely photographs and I am glad you do weddings after all they are very special and have given me a lot of pleasure, glad like me you are not a typical wedding photographer they are on the whole pretty naff!!
Blossom

Suffolkmum said...

We chose someone who had never done a wedding before to do ours and she was brilliant, the photos are so informal and magical. I should think yours would be the same - loved that sunset.

Westerwitch/Headmistress said...

It is true he isn't a typical Wedding Photographer - but the results are stunning even if I am biased.